Path 2

Zara

Re: Path 2

Post by Zara »

Where happenstance was my lead.

How is she using "lead" here? Lead = leash? Lead = happenstance was leading me? Lead = happenstance was my leader? The meaning is not quite clear to me.

He gave her shoulder a friendly squeeze and let her go. "Well, for what it's worth, you're one of my best students, ever. I think you're pretty good at learning new things."
Site Admin

Post by 222333 »

{"happenstance was leading me", I think. I didn't even know that such a word like happenstance existed, but once I learnt it, what I wanted to say is that Catherine in her life B.V. did not take the lead of her life, rather leaving things happen. How is it the proper way to say it, using the word "happenstance", to echo Isaac? }

{But now, I don't know how to go ahead. She already told that she has to ask for permission to share whatever it needs to be shared. The scene should probably end now and... what? Okay, I'll put the ball in your courtyard... :wink: }

------------------

She smiled. "Thank you, Isaac."

Zara

Post by Zara »

{Maybe try: happenstance was leading me...

or: happenstance was my guide.}

_*_

That evening, Catherine did not stay late at the office. Her early-morning conversation with Isaac weighed heavily on her heart. She gathered her belongings at a quarter past five and hurried home as fast as rush hour traffic would allow. Arriving at last in her parking garage, she parked and locked her car, balancing purse, satchel, keys, and overcoat in a routine feat of absentminded acrobatics. She then went straight from the garage to her apartment building's subbasement access door in the basement storage room.
Site Admin

Post by 222333 »

A minute later, he was down the ladder and in front of Vincent. A very concerned Vincent. “Tell me,” he said.

Zara

Post by Zara »

She related all that Isaac had told her: about Lucy, about the man named Red who had once abducted her in a taxi cab on Jason Walker's orders, and about the Silks women, Patricia and Cozy, whom Catherine and Isaac had fought in order to follow Vincent down into the abandoned ruin of the former Beaumont night club. Vincent lowered his eyes quickly when she spoke the women's names. He doesn't like remembering them, Catherine guessed, a little surprised by Vincent's reaction, because she had not anticipated it, but also immediately sympathetic to his discomfort. She forged ahead, hoping to spare him from too much time spent remembering bad things.

"So now Isaac wants to know what happened to Jace," Catherine concluded. "They were friends, and it's hard to lose a good friend. And...Isaac wants to know your side of the story before he hears Red's. I think...maybe...he wants to size you up. Decide whether he can trust you or not. Maybe he's even wondering how much he can trust me."
Site Admin

Post by 222333 »

He was silent for a few moments, his struggle with the disrupting news evident. “Trust… is a two ways path,” he said, concern for all that was as stake evident in his tone as well. “Can we trust him?"

-

Return to “DRAFT”