Help!

Moderator: jecris27

Site Admin

Help!

Post by 222333 »

I stumbled upon this link:

http://watchseries.lt/serie/beauty_and_the_beast

I'm a wary net surfer and a zero when it comes to anything computer related. I did not dare click its promising links.
Could someone tell me if it is okay, if it is free or for what fee, etc?
I know that episodes are available at Netflix, which is America-only. What about us non-American?

S
Maclurv

Re: Help!

Post by Maclurv »

I recently found this site and a few others like it, and I, too, am wary about clicking on an episode to try it. There is an aura about it that makes me wonder.
Zara

Post by Zara »

Okay.

Beloved Geek informs me that this site is an advertisement-based clearinghouse of links to computers that make the episodes available online. He calls this the shady side of the internet (not to be confused with The Dark Side). We have used similar sites to view TV series like River Monsters online. However, my father-in-law recently visited a site like this without taking precautions and ended up with a computer full of malware that Beloved Geek then had to clean up for him through a remote assistance application. A script-blocker and ad-blocker are needed in your web browser to let you shut down the surface weird stuff and show you exactly what wants to run on your computer. Do nothing hastily. Do not click on ads. If you want to view the videos, do not download anything. Instead, view the streaming video via the "Watch this link!" options. You may wish to load the final streaming video page and click Pause to allow the file player to get a head start on the episode. I've just streamed the Pilot for free with no problems.

If this feels too scary, then it's probably not something you want to try for yourself.

Our input,

Zara (& BG)
Site Admin

Post by 222333 »

:oops: :oops: :oops:
Sorry. Coming here to post another request, I realized that I never thanked for the past reply.
Forgive me?

Yes, it sounded scary enough to stay away.
Here is another one - most likely same as the other one, but I stubbornly hope to find some convenient way of watching the episodes online, sooner or later...

http://www.tvs-beauty-and-the-beast.com/

This time, thank you in advance!

S
Zara

Post by Zara »

No worries, my friend, and you are most welcome! :D

Yes, this site is similar to the other: it gathers links. The difference seems to be that it gathers only streaming video links. All the previously-stated precautions apply. I would also add another guideline: do not enter any personal registration data into any online forms on such websites. I use secure browsing tactics, including the essentials of the virus-scanner, the script-blocker, and the ad-blocker, and had no trouble streaming "Song of Orpheus" and "Beggar's Comet" (two of the episodes Netflix does not stream online) via GorrillaVid links. I've read reports that GorrillaVid has been clean for 90 days, although it has been tainted by viruses in the past.

Convenient, low-risk viewing tends to require a subscription with a reputable content provider. Alas, copyright laws have not kept up with technological advances and Information Age culture...nor have the traditionalist publishers/producers/distributors of copyrighted works.

~ Zara

Return to “Episodes Online”