How are you?

Moderator: jecris27

Site Admin

How are you?

Post by 222333 »

Hello friends. It's S, or Sobi, as you call me.
Thank you for your kindness in asking about me. I am fine. Unfortunately, my email accounts are not, as I tried to write/reply to several of you but either the mails were rejected, or you probably did not receive them as I got no answer from you. So, I dusted this forum, and we can talk here, I hope.
I would like to know how are you now, as what happened in Italy is happening over there now. Are you safe? How do you cope with all this?
Be well, please.
Ciao,
S
Elaine S.

Re: How are you?

Post by Elaine S. »

Hi Sobi!

I am so glad to hear from you and to know that you are well. I am ok here in Florida so far. It's a scary time all over the world. But the world has been through similar scary times. I think we can make it through this one.

Please keep in touch! And be safe!

Elaine
cindyrae77

Post by cindyrae77 »

Hello, dear Ladies!

I am also in Florida, and so far, I'm well. The school I help teach at is closed for the foreseeable future, but that is a small thing, considering all the other things that are happening. Like most, we're on a 'voluntary lockdown.' Leaving the house is limited, and to be done for things like groceries. Store shelves have many barren places, (the lack of toilet paper has become something of a running joke) but there are still groceries to be had, so we're all grateful. (And we're all spending a lot more time with each other, in our house. My daughters' college classes are also 'cancelled,' or moved online.

I most worry for my mother, who is 77 and has breathing problems. But so far, she is fine. A brother lives near and we send over her groceries and other things. She misses being with people, and isn't computer literate, so we talk on the phone, daily.

I know the news from Italy is heart rending, and thank you so much, Sobi, for starting this thread. I thought of you often, and as the news became more dire I did try to reach you. (So silly of me for not thinking of doing it this way!) I'm so glad you're well. All the fans I know so far, are, also.

I think we are all a bit scared, but also greatly comforted by knowing each other. It is our human connections (and our divine ones) that give us strength, in these strange days.

Stay well and safe, all, and please know I'm thinking of our extended (mostly) sisterhood, and hoping for the best for us all.

With love, always,

Cindy
Site Admin

Post by 222333 »

It’s so good to talk to you again. Indeed this strange time brings unexpected gifts.

As Italian, I can tell you that so far, things are getting better for us, thanks to this heavy lockdown that we started before anyone else in the Western world. Numbers have stopped rising since a few days, and are taking some timid steps downward. So please do your best to stay home and have all those you know do the same. It works. Spring is exploding here right now, and I hope that people will resist the urge to go out after so many weeks indoor. It will be hard, I know, but it would spoil everything. I pray we are strong enough. And it’s a good teaching, to be aware that really we are all together in this, and that there is no behaviour that does not affect the others. So many good thoughts are visiting us now, along this the depressing ones. As if we are in front of the good and the evil, as individuals and as world, and we have a choice to make afresh.

SO good to talk to you again!
Ciao,
S
Zara

Post by Zara »

Greetings!

It's very, very good to know you are all doing okay!

My husband and I are well. We have been self-isolating at home in Oregon since March 14th (our governor issued a statewide Stay Home order on March 23rd) because we are both vulnerable to respiratory illnesses and have many friends who are extra vulnerable too. Our area has a strong sense of community and an abundance of local small farms, so most people here are able to safely get the supplies we need. My husband already had permission to work from home a couple days a week and during bad weather (his office is in California, and he commutes across the border, which includes high mountain passes). That permission was extended to total work-from-home status, so now we've pretty much settled in and only have to leave our place occasionally for groceries and medicines.

Sobi, thank you so much for forum-dusting. I am glad to know you are fine. My heart has been breaking for Italy, and for all our world's frightened, hurting people.

Much love to you all,

Zara
cindyrae77

Post by cindyrae77 »

Hello again, all! Zara, so good to know you and your husband are doing well!!

The other reason for my additional posting is this one. One of the other ladies in our circle posted this link.

http://filmedonstage.com/news/76-free-m ... ting-daily

The National Theater is putting some of their plays online for free viewing, during this strange time. Others, as well. They are all 'fllmed stage performances.' They are available on different days, a bit spaced out, to give us time to enjoy what's there.

Sobi, I thought of you because a) There was an opera in there, somewhere, and b) because "Jesus Christ, Superstar" is set to go live, tonight. I remembered you speaking fondly of it, so I include the link to that show here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpO4ohqx3os

Settle in a bit. Some of the shows have a good length to them. (I just spent nearly three hours with Jane Eyre. Because... well, because Charlotte Bronte.) It's a guilty pleasure.

Yes, the family thinks I'm a bit crazy. But they still love me anyway, and that's what counts. <smile>

Love to all and I hope you all find some gems in here to enjoy,

Cindy
Site Admin

Post by 222333 »

Did I say that I’m glad I’m talking to you again?

Thank you so much, Cindy. I’m impressed: by your thoughtful suggestion, by your memory about my favorite things (yes, if I know English, it's because of JCS), and by your mentioning Jane Eyre, a favorite of mine as well.

This week end is the Easter week end for us Catholics, and our mind are elsewhere, but next week I’ll take a look.

How are you all? Please be safe. I’m keeping the US in my heart, as well of all the world, of course, but US is where I have dear friends. As I said, staying home, as far as it is possible, works. So far, here it did. Spring is galloping around, and I hope people will be strong enough to resist (sigh) its call…

Happy Easter,
S
cindyrae77

Post by cindyrae77 »

I'm afraid the shows only run for a limited time, Sobi, so I hope you had a chance to catch it. I think right now, "Frankenstein" (with Benedict Cumberbatch playing both the doctor on some nights, and the monster on others) is playing. A lot of the dialogue in that story reminds me of things our Vincent might say, so I have a soft spot for it.

We are all still well, and coping along as best we can. Spring is exploding all around us, with the squirrels, possums and little animals getting bolder thanks to most of us staying inside and off the streets. I hope in your corner of the world, it is much the same.

We are all still connected, I think, :)

Cindy

Return to “WHERE THE BLUEBIRD WILL HOPEFULLY SING AGAIN”