China Moon - chinese lines

Moderator: jecris27

Site Admin

China Moon - chinese lines

Post by 222333 »

Emily,

Our Chinese fellow friend Annita is willing to help with the Chinese lines pronounced in this transcription.
As soon as you are done - or as soon as you feel ready - let me know and I'll introduce you to her.

For now, thank you for your work. If you have any questions, let me know.

Ciao,
S
sonnetcxxiii

Re: China Moon - chinese lines

Post by sonnetcxxiii »

Wonderful! Thank you so much!

I'm almost there. Should be able to go through it again this weekend. :)
sonnetcxxiii

Post by sonnetcxxiii »

Here are some questions, observations and factoids I have run across since working on it.

------------------------------
Production order and airing order are the same, #13

This episode is a take on "Romeo & Juliet"

The name of Henry's restaurant--

Is it Yee Mee Loo Cocktails or General Lee's?

In the scene where Cathy is talking to Henry, she exits the restaurant, and on the door you can see the name "General Lee's ------"

But when Henry spots Eddie talking to Chiang's men, he's under the a restaurant sign called "Yee Mee Loo Cocktails."

Could be an oops?

Dr. Wong's shop is called--

Hin Yuen Hong Chinese Herb Co

At least that is what I can make out from the words on the window in the scene with Lin and Cathy. Any one else get that?

The customer Lin waits on at Dr. Wong's shop--

What is his name? Mr. Fung, Mr. Fon?

Chiang's full name:

Dr. Wong says it two different ways-

Chiang Lo Yu to Vincent
Chiang Shin Li in Father's Chamber

Chiang Lo Yi in the 25th Anniversary Book

Another ooops?

The "flick" Joe is referring to is "Chinatown" (1974) starring Jack Nicholson and Faye Dunaway.

The pastries on the table when Lin and Cathy are having tea could have been from the Kim Sing Shanghai Pastry Shop across from Dr. Wong's.

Catherine tells Henry to meet her at 51st and Lexington--

Is that where the D.A.'s office is? Or her apartment?

When they escape the Tong men and go down to a basement entrance into the tunnels, where is that as well?

Bruce played by Jeff Imada is never actually called by his character name in the episode.

The celebrations in China Town were for the Chinese New Year--

1988 was the year of the Dragon and the celebration begins on new year's eve and lasts for 15 days, ending with the Lantern Festival. That would be Wed. Feb. 16/17 to Mar. 2, 1988 in the U.S. The dates would be 1st to 15th in the Chinese lunar calendar.

Sooo, that means the episode aired in the U.S. (Jan 15, 1988) before the actual celebration would have taken place.

When Henry is talking to Cathy on the payphone, the same man walks behind him twice.

Guest cast from was from the 1986 movie "Big Trouble in Little China" except for Rosalind Chao (Lin), Jerry Tondo (Eddie) , Leigh C.Kim (Tommy), Steven Ito (Tong), and Keye Luke (Master).

I don't think the other Tong members had names except Bruce, Tommy, Kuo, Chan, and Yueh.
Site Admin

Post by 222333 »

Edited transcription received. I'm sending it today to our Chinese Friend Annita for revision.
Thank you!

S

Return to “China Moon”