POEM Challenge - Roses are Red

Messages from past years will be moved here.

Moderator: jecris27

macpatlurv

POEM Challenge - Roses are Red

Post by macpatlurv »

Not long ago on BBTV, we were discussing a topic and someone wrote a four line parody of "roses are red, violets are blue" about the situation. Someone else wrote another in response, and they were hilarious (and good). They were also excellent little synopses of the episode under discussion. Here are two examples from that discussion:

Roses are red
Violets are blue
You saved my life
Now my heart beats for you.
-Alyssa

Roses are red
Violets are blue
Oops, I'm pregnant
Oh, and we made love, too.
-Barbara

That gave me the idea for this challenge:

Roses are Red Challenge

Write a four line poem using the meter and rhythm of 'Roses are Red' to summarize an episode. If you need more than one stanza, that's okay, but brevity is nice! Submit as many as you wish on as many episodes (Season 1 - 3) as you wish. When submitting your wonders, please be sure to include the episode title for each of the poems and how you want your name to appear as author. These examples were done before the episode slant was thrown in, so there is no episode with them. Bear in mind you do not have to have the first two lines literally state 'roses are red, violets are blue.' These examples do, but as long as you keep to the meter and rhythm, it's okay with me!

Deadline

January 15 sounds like a good deadline.

I will post them by clustering episodes together over many days of WFOL, depending on the number I get. I will use two different sites to post these, depending upon whether Classic or Season 3.

Send your marvelous creations to Pat: macpatlurv at yahoo dot com

Return to “Archive”